Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KrakenChaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone encountered this with OSX 10.9, myplayer v1.0.22. It used to work very well in loading subtitles files with various media formats in OSX 10.8. But now in 10.9 most of the time it won't load SRT files. I had to use subler to embed the SRT file to the movie file, only then it will load the subtitle. I don't know what had changed the player's behaviour in this version. Can it be fixed?

twintin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Sweden
It works for me on those few movies I have tried. But then you said most of the time it won't load the SRT file. Does it mean that from time to time it works ?

KrakenChaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
It seems to works with some files. But the problem is the files used to work does not work anymore. It used to work for all the file I have had before the upgrade to 10.9.

alexino11

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2014
that's why you download VLC. seriously VLC stands the best media player at the moment in both windows and mac, it can sync the subtitle too.

KrakenChaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
that's why you download VLC. seriously VLC stands the best media player at the moment in both windows and mac, it can sync the subtitle too.

Thanks for the VLC recommandation, but I prefer mplayerx. It's faster and the shortcuts are intuitive. It works with all the formats. Well, just this not properly load subtitles issue came out with new version. Maybe I should just report a bug to the developer directly.

----------

Oh, this is embarrassing. The issue was caused by a setting in mplayerx. Under Subtitles, un-check "Load subtitles but don't display subtitle when playback starts". It then loads the subtitles properly. Still this seems to be a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.