Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyhv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
I have a SSD of 128gb intalled with OSX and Bootcamp (windows 7) and HDD insted of the superdrive (750 gb)

Im have tried
sudo ditto -rsrc ORIGEN DESTINO
but it seems to fail , im thinking is beacuse the HDD is on exFAT format! could that be the problem:confused:

dannyhv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
The volume with the home folder needs to use Mac OS Extended (HFS+) as file systems.

Move Your Mac's Home Folder to a New Location

thanks but i have a problem i did what i said in my post before i realized about the format and know i can't not acces to my user foldes T.T

i get my folder like this
AccessDeniedFolder.png

Nov 28, 2010
located
thanks but i have a problem i did what i said in my post before i realized about the format and know i can't not acces to my user foldes T.T

i get my folder like this Image
Click on the folder ONCE, press CMD+I and look at Sharing & Permissions. Is you user listed there?

Though I am not that well versed in moving the home folder to another volume, I only did it once or twice using the method I linked to.
Therefore use the
report.gif
button to ask a moderator to move your thread to an appropriate sub-forum, either OS X or OS X Mavericks (10.9) or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, if you have any of these Mac OS X versions since this is the sub-forum for Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac, which does not relate to your problem and might not get you the audience you wish for (the one capable of helping).

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
If you can get inside the folder, I often find it easier to move the contents of a folder to a new/empty folder, rather than the folder itself.

Another option is logging in as root.

dannyhv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
Thanks! in the end since I had such a hard time true the bootcamp (cause i have the dual drives) and I modified so much file I did a clen installation of mavericks and everything works fine ,i was able to move the folder wiith the link simsaladimbamba post .

Thanks !!!Im so happy having both w7 and mac osX working 100% :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.