Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul123asdf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Hello, everyone! I bought an iPad air recently and decided to transfer my books from my old iPad 3rd gen to my new iPad air. I've been using it for a while and everything worked fine. Today I decided to add a new book manually via iTunes, but in iTunes I couldn't find my old books so I checked ibooks app on iPad air and all my books were not there. After that I checked my iCloud account in settings and found 65 mb of books there but there are not any books in ibooks application. Please help, what should I do?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Hello, everyone! I bought an iPad air recently and decided to transfer my books from my old iPad 3rd gen to my new iPad air. I've been using it for a while and everything worked fine. Today I decided to add a new book manually via iTunes, but in iTunes I couldn't find my old books so I checked ibooks app on iPad air and all my books were not there. After that I checked my iCloud account in settings and found 65 mb of books there but there are not any books in ibooks application. Please help, what should I do?

Re-download them from the iBooks Store.

paul123asdf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
The thing is that I did not buy my books, I transferred them manually via itunes on my old ipad. After buying a new ipad i transferred them on it via icloud. Right now my books are in icloud but not on my device, and I wonder why it happened and how to get them back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.