PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Shield causing Problems

Square4003
Jan 4, 2006, 04:32 PM
I got a 5G 60g iPod for Christmas. When I opened it I immediately put the Invisible Shield on it with the clickwheel cover. After using it about a day I noticed that it would take a long time to play the song, usually over a minute. The iPod would then do two things 1.Send me back to the first menu or 2. Play the next song on the album. Occasionally I would have to reset it to get it to unfreeze. I restored the iPod twice using the most up to date software. I eventually started getting "frowny-face" iPod icons when I would reset it. I removed the Inivisible Shield before putting it in the box to send back to Apple and it has miraculously started working the correct way. Is it working the correct way now because the click-wheel is now uncoverd? Do I still need to send it back to Apple?

mduser63
Jan 4, 2006, 06:15 PM
I doubt the InvisibleShield has anything to do with it. Probably just a coincidence. Unless of course you got water into the electronics when installing the IS. I've got an IS on my 30 GB iPod and it works fine.

aricher
Jan 4, 2006, 11:49 PM
Water in the electronics is it. 2 people I work with screwed their pods by getting water in them. On one the screen turned a halo color and on the other the HD stopped working and they got the sad face/apple website message. In the main InvisibleShield thread here someone claimed that Protective Services said they would pay for the servicing of a screwed up iPod - sounds fishy to me though. Sorry to hear about your iPod. I use the IS on mine with no problems... yet.