PDA

View Full Version : Selling 15" powerbook with 1.25gigs of ram, applecare, and brenthaven bag

excalibur313
Jan 4, 2006, 04:51 PM
I'm selling my 15" rev A aluminum powerbook:
Applecare until 9/21/06
1.25ghz G4 Processor
80GB 5400RPM hard drive (this was a built to order option...it really increases the performance)
1.25GB of ram (1x1.0gb (OWC) and 1x256mb (Samsung))
Ati Mobility Radeon 9600 64MB DDR Video AGP 4X (built to order too I believe)
Superdrive (mine can do both DVD-R and DVD-RW)
No dead pixels on the screen or splotches...it is very uniform
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth
Backlit keyboard, 2 USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 400, 1 Firewire 800, etc

I'm also including my brenthaven bag that goes new for $150. It has a removable insert for the laptop itself. I once saw a brenthaven representitive put a laptop from the apple store (thankfully NOT the one I bought!) and drop it from 6 feet and the bag was heavy duty enough that the computer wasn't damaged at all (Although this isn't an experiment I'd like to try with my own!)

This powerbook is in really superb condition. There is only one small hairline scratch on the top that is about a quarter of an inch long. The palm rests are still uniform in color. I had the screen replaced about a year ago because of some white splotches that occured on it. This was a well documented thing for this generation and apple replaced the entire screen. The charger is also brand new because my old one had a tab that broke off for winding the cord around. (Man I love applecare!)

I seriously babied this computer like a first born child and the only reason I'm selling it is that I'm using an imac at home and a laptop that work is providing me in the lab. I'm still trying to make my way through school so I can't afford to keep this but it is seriously a really fantastic computer. I really hope someone here gets it so that I know it goes to a good home. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5849735086&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

wnameth
Jan 4, 2006, 05:09 PM
I'm selling my 15" rev A powerbook with 1.25 gigs of ram with applecare and a brenthaven bag on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5849735086&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I definitely treated it better than my own child and I hope that it goes to a good home, perhaps someone on this forum :hint hint: ;)
okay i take it the child thing is definitely a joke, but you do HAVE to post a full description, not just a link to an auction

thanks,

wes

excalibur313
Jan 4, 2006, 05:16 PM
Well I was kidding around but it really is my baby. Could I just post all the specs and then link it to the auction? Or is there to be no linking to any ebay auctions at all?

livingfortoday
Jan 4, 2006, 05:58 PM
Just post the full computer specs, and then you can link to the auction. People wanna know what they're buying before they click on a link to another page.

excalibur313
Jan 4, 2006, 10:58 PM
Is this more what you had in mind? Thanks for your guidance!