PDA

View Full Version : How do accounts/authorizing work?

rye9
Jan 4, 2006, 07:37 PM
OK, well my bro bought a song on iTunes off his computer and he uses my account which obviously is on my computer as well so my account is authorized for his and my computers. But if it's the same aco****, why do I not have the song as well and how do I get it from his computer? After all, its the same account, so I am very confused.

yellow
Jan 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
Accounts don't matter.. they're all about who pays for the song.

Basically, he bought the song from iTMS, so it gets downloaded to his computer. End of story. It doesn't matter whose "account" bought it. If you want it on your computer, then you have to copy it to your computer and authorize it.

.Andy
Jan 4, 2006, 07:47 PM
Accounts don't matter.. they're all about who pays for the song.

Basically, he bought the song from iTMS, so it gets downloaded to his computer. End of story. It doesn't matter whose "account" bought it. If you want it on your computer, then you have to copy it to your computer and authorize it.
As yellow said. You only get to download it once. After you've recieved it the ball is in your court as far as what computers you copy it onto.

An important side issue from this is that if you lose/delete a purchased song, it's gone for good. Apple will not let you download it again. Remember to burn back ups of your purchased music or at least copy it onto multiple computers!