Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I use iCloud for most of my backups but sometimes I do a backup to my Mac as it would appear those backups back up more than iCloud ones. Also I think its a good idea to backup apps to my Mac and also backup my Mac as today I had to go back to the 2.4.1 version of the Amazon.com app as the new version is a complete joke. Its sluggish, does not take advantage of screen real estate, looks too much like the mobile browser and does not function like an iOS app. It was not easy but no way would I downgrade to that newer version. Every once in a while I run into a app that takes away features and functionality with a update and so its a good idea to make backups of my apps in Time Machine. Do I have a good backup strategy? Also to note that iCloud stores no backup history so if I wish to restore my IPhone to version of the phone 1 month ago I can do this with iTunes but not with iCloud, correct? Also as I recall iTunes backups also include Voice Memos but not so with iCloud, correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.