Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hexley

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I have a 2012 13-inch MBA and it has difficulty waking from sleep. It uses OS X 10.8.x

I am able to wake it from sleep twice using these methods. First repeatedly while holding for 1-2 seconds down the power button for short periods of time and then repeatedly while holding down for less than 1 second down on the power button.

The 2nd method recharging the MBA.

Should I update to OS X 10.9.x? Would this resolve this issue.

eselle

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
I am having the same issues (and a bit more) on my mid-2012 MBA - except I have already upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.1 and seem to be having this problem at a higher frequency... Sorry this isn't of much help, but perhaps it isn't exactly an OSX issue?

Hexley

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I am having the same issues (and a bit more) on my mid-2012 MBA - except I have already upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.1 and seem to be having this problem at a higher frequency... Sorry this isn't of much help, but perhaps it isn't exactly an OSX issue?

If there will be a recall I hope they replace it with the same "level" 2014 MBA. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.