PDA

View Full Version : I created an iPod Essential

mrzeve
Jan 4, 2006, 09:34 PM
Ha, So as some of you may or may not know, In the very rare free time I have I like to code a little bit of software. One of those pieces of software is called Canto Pod which puts lyrics on to iPods.

Anyway, I was checking out Cnet today and I noticed that it was listed there, but I never even submitted it. Then, I was even more suprised to see this!

http://www.staylazy.net/media/pics/cnet.jpg

Its pretty nice to see that you know? Anyway, anyone know if this type of stuff will do any good on my college applications why im applying?

Oh and Ive yet to make a penny with all this, maybe I need a business manager :-P

Vader
Jan 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
That is awesome!

jimsowden
Jan 4, 2006, 10:35 PM
dude, it's for the pc. I want a mac version!

ibook30
Jan 4, 2006, 10:36 PM
Congrats - as to the question of college applications - Ive no idea.
Yes- you need a business manager!

EDIT: I second jimsowden - if this is PC only, go mac!

haiggy
Jan 4, 2006, 10:44 PM
Boo... want the mac version :rolleyes:

2nyRiggz
Jan 4, 2006, 10:57 PM
yea dude, lets have us a mac version and i'm game.

Bless

mrzeve
Jan 5, 2006, 01:45 PM
My OSX programming skills are weak, but if anyone wants to start a mac division, Im all ears =)

puckhead193
Jan 5, 2006, 10:28 PM
For school, only if your going to into something with computers.... but it can't hurt..... "ooo we don't want him because he made a piece of software that has gotten good reviews..."... ;)

adk
Jan 6, 2006, 01:15 AM
If you put it on a college app, make sure to mention that it was a Download.com Editor's Pick.

florencevassy
Jan 6, 2006, 07:50 AM
Great work! Of course put that on your resume. And a mac version
would be nice.

Rantipole
Jan 6, 2006, 02:21 PM
Absolutely mention it in your application, post a link, include the picture. Admission people love stuff like that.

For school, only if your going to into something with computers....
Wrong! Include this information regardless of what you think you will be studying. In fact, the farther away, the better. "Wow, he wants to study music history, and he can do some programming?? ACCEPT!" It shows you're well-rounded.

mrzeve
Jan 22, 2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the praise guys. Been working the past couple of weeks on a new version of this badboy as well as getting a new logo for the site.

Again though as I said, if anyone would be interested in developing a mac version of this, then by all means, please pm me or respond in this thread. There is nothing I would like more then to have a version that would run on OSX. That would be way cool.

The downloads from download.com have doubled since I posted this thread.

Still though, I dont really a see a way of making money haha.

big
Jan 22, 2006, 05:04 PM
There is a MAC version of iLyric or something that got in trouble for this. I think that is ludicrous, but you know how things work.

mrzeve
Jan 22, 2006, 07:11 PM
There is a MAC version of iLyric or something that got in trouble for this. I think that is ludicrous, but you know how things work.

Well it seems that since Im an American I cant get in trouble for this.

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/004246.php

CubaTBird
Jan 22, 2006, 07:22 PM
congrats dude! that is freakin' awesome.. seriously.. :cool:

big
Jan 22, 2006, 08:09 PM
that was it, pearlyrics, great find on that article. I had heard about it on NPR, though forgot the name.