PDA

View Full Version : WTB: VGA to Older Mac (ADC/ACD, perhaps?)

im_to_hyper
Jan 4, 2006, 10:25 PM
Hey there yet again --

I have some older Macs: read: LCII, PowerBook 150s: and I would like to use an external monitor... but all I have is VGA. Therefore, I need the adapter to go from the VGA monitor to these old Macs (ADC or whatever its called?)

Gracias, Danke and Thank you!

dsharits
Jan 4, 2006, 10:52 PM
Ah, never mind, my brain was working in reverse and I was thinking the opposite adaptor. :o

Counterfit
Jan 4, 2006, 11:29 PM
I think I saw the appropriate adapter in CompUSA not too long ago, and I think someone still makes it.

macEfan
Jan 5, 2006, 12:25 AM
send me a PM, I have some...

mbl42
Jan 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
If you haven't bought one yet, I have one that I could sell you cheap. PM me. :)

The connection is called Mac VGA I believe.

LimeiBook86
Jan 6, 2006, 12:42 PM
I have a few of these adapters and I know a bit about the different Mac to VGA converters out there. DB15 Male is the Macintosh part of the adapter,and HDB15 Female is the VGA side of the adapter. So you want a DB15 M to HDB15 F, or simply called a Macintosh to VGA adapter. You have to be careful though, some of these adapters don't work with older Macs.

This adapter seen here, (http://www.welovemacs.com/adp-7300.html) is compatible with the Mac LC because it has dip switches, these switches allow you to set the adapter to what type of computer your using. Adapters without dip switches, or ones that are molded, usually are for newer Macs and may not be compatible with older Macs like the LC II. The link which I provided above has dip switches and should come with a some documentation in order to set the adapter to which type of Mac your using. Just make sure all of your Macs your using with the adapter will work with the adapter. Hope this helps :)