Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

jobsstamp.jpg
The United States Postal Service today approved a commemorative Steve Jobs stamp that will be printed as part of a collectible series next year, according to The Washington Post (via Engadget).

The former Apple CEO's stamp is still in the design stages and will be released at some point in 2015.

Jobs, who passed away in 2011 after a battle with pancreatic cancer, has also been posthumously honored for his visionary achievements with a special Grammy Merit Award and a Disney Legends Award. He was also inducted into the Bay Area Business Hall of Fame, has had a building at Pixar named after him, and was featured in an exhibit at the U.S. Patent Office Museum.

The Washington Post has also revealed several other future postage-stamp subjects approved for coming years, including Johnny Carson, John Lennon, and Michael Jackson.

(Image courtesy of Engadget)

Article Link: Steve Jobs to Be Honored With Commemorative Postage Stamp in 2015

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
If only I had friends to write letters to... :(

But I would still buy them at a premium price :D

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
I think the photo on his biography or from the same session would be good. That or one from the early Macintosh days. I hope they avoid photos from the last few years where he looks frail.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
In honor of one of the greatest contributors to our obsolescence…

And yet people rush out to buy new devices every year but complain when the new device isn't significantly different than the device they bought the previous year.

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
He is already highly revered. Now they are just offering an appropriate place for people to firmly plant their lips and kiss his backside. Seems like the next logical step.

Last edited:

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
I wish they would put one out of "moof" that dog-cow icon of the early Macs. That would be cool.

FakeWozniak

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
I think they should use Steve's likeness for the $0.99 stamp. It's fitting that you could buy music from iTMS for that price. And besides, at the rate they raise postage, the standard rate is going to be $0.99 by 2015.

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
In other news, Samsung engineers have designed A new app called Stamp Job which emulates the postal service in their native Korea by delaying instant messages by 2-3 business days

Always eager to "innovate", their skill as reverse engineers is nearly as apt as their command of the English language

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.