Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Hi all..

I have Apple TV & Mac mini connected to to router via cable... and i have iTunes set up for sharing my library..

Problem, is sometimes when Mac mini is sleeping, when i browse to "Computers" on Apple TV, sometimes it doesn't wake up mini.

Sometimes it doesn't, but sometimes it doesn't

Wake-on-Lan is checked, but what else could cause this NOT to happen.

When needed, i must first remote in, or log onto the mimi physically to wake it up, and only THEN can i access iTunes library.

I've done SMC reset and no help.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
Hi all..

I have Apple TV & Mac mini connected to to router via cable... and i have iTunes set up for sharing my library..

Problem, is sometimes when Mac mini is sleeping, when i browse to "Computers" on Apple TV, sometimes it doesn't wake up mini.

When needed, i must first remote in, or log onto the mimi physically to wake it up, and only THEN can i access iTunes library.

I have a similar setup. I just make my mini run 24/7. You set the HDD to sleep when not in use then it is using very minimal resources. My 2.6GHz uses about 8 watts at idle.

I have 6 Macs on my network. WOL has never worked properly consistently. It is hit and miss.

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Hi all..

Have a look at the script referenced in this forum thread. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1707367/.
I haven't tried it but it is supposed to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.