PDA

View Full Version : WTB: cheap emac with little ram

wnameth
Jan 6, 2006, 01:50 PM
okay, my dads G4 tower is having problems, he has alot of music (like 90GB) and we decided it would be best to leave the G4 tower (if we can fix it) with my mom up stairs in there room, and put an emac down stairs in his studio, here are the requirements:

would like something over 800mhz (but we'll see)
prefer no HD
prefer no ram if its under a single 512mb stick
17" screen
would like keyboard and mouse (doesn't have to be apple)
would like airport (if not i will purchase it after)

it has to be in good working condition, speakers can be blown because he will hook it up to his stereo down stairs. dvd burner would be a bonus, and combo would be alright... will accept ones with just CD drive (if they are interchangeable with regular IDE drives)

looking to spend like 400US or so, i am in canada so take that into consideration. please post pics and your price. then we can talk through pms

thanks, please help my musical father with this emac, he really needs it and he needs it ASAP

thanks

as of now i will take any offers that are in canada, please post or email me my dad wants one ASAP, there is none on the refurb site (probably because there discontinued.

Once again i am open to any offers in canada ANY emac.

thanks

ReanimationLP
Jan 6, 2006, 04:55 PM
The 800MHz eMacs overclock like crazy. (like up to 1.33)

The drives are standard IDE drives.

Lemme know when you come across an eMac with a screen bigger than 17" ;)

wnameth
Jan 6, 2006, 11:30 PM
The 800MHz eMacs overclock like crazy. (like up to 1.33)

The drives are standard IDE drives.

Lemme know when you come across an eMac with a screen bigger than 17" ;)
ah i had no intentions of asking about the overclocking, and i do not intend to do this, and where did i state there was one with a screen size larger then 17"?

please post offers not crapers:rolleyes:

TLRedhawke
Jan 7, 2006, 09:15 AM
You might want to check out the Classified ads at http://www.ehmac.ca and http://www.usedmac.ca

ryannel2003
Jan 7, 2006, 10:08 AM
okay, my dads G4 tower is having problems, he has alot of music (like 90GB) and we decided it would be best to leave the G4 tower (if we can fix it) with my mom up stairs in there room, and put an emac down stairs in his studio, here are the requirements:

would like something over 800mhz (but we'll see)
prefer no HD
prefer no ram if its under a single 512mb stick
17" screen
would like keyboard and mouse (doesn't have to be apple)
would like airport (if not i will purchase it after)

it has to be in good working condition, speakers can be blown because he will hook it up to his stereo down stairs. dvd burner would be a bonus, and combo would be alright... will accept ones with just CD drive (if they are interchangeable with regular IDE drives)

looking to spend like 400US or so, i am in canada so take that into consideration. please post pics and your price. then we can talk through pms

thanks, please help my musical father with this emac, he really needs it and he needs it ASAP

thanks

as of now i will take any offers that are in canada, please post or email me my dad wants one ASAP, there is none on the refurb site (probably because there discontinued.

Once again i am open to any offers in canada ANY emac.

thanks

Hey I was just browsing around and I found this eMac: http://www.macofalltrades.com/G4_700MHz_eMac_512_40GB_CD_RW_56K_p/g4700em2.htm and it seems similar to what you were looking for. I know it has a small HD and a slower processor than you wanted, but I guess you could upgrade that. Good luck with the search!

wnameth
Jan 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
thanks i am working out a deal for a emac with a superdrive (1GHZ model)

thanks again