PDA

View Full Version : Sun All-In-One Card, to make iPod Obsolete?

amac4me
Jan 5, 2006, 03:35 PM
A super thin, credit-card shaped device, the AIO Card is powered through its solar panels and has an e-ink-like display, allowing for touchscreen capabilities, fairly high resolution, and incredibly low power consumption.

The device will work over wireless and you'll access your data that's stored on a server. Integrated Bluetooth and WiFi, also aVoIP calls.

It uses the thin client found in Sun Rays and has very low power consumption.

Here's the link http://mobilemag.com/content/100/102/C5814/#

iMeowbot
Jan 5, 2006, 03:42 PM
From the source (http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/chandan):
It is not an actual or planned product. Images are obviously made with GIMP. This is my vision or prediction for 2006.

PlaceofDis
Jan 5, 2006, 03:44 PM
in no way is that going to compete with the iPod if it ever comes out.
simply because you need to have your files stored somewhere where this thing can connect to them. its not an MP3 player. its cool. it might be a nice thing to have. but definitely not an iPod killer or even competitor. more of a PDA killer or rather the next step for PDA and home multimedia use as well.

Lord Blackadder
Jan 5, 2006, 03:54 PM
This thing will never happen. It is vaporware. Scotty, beam me up!

2nyRiggz
Jan 5, 2006, 04:01 PM
thats nice though..if it is made i would get one but it wont replace my ipods

Bless

yoak
Jan 5, 2006, 04:33 PM
One should never say never;)

PlaceofDis
Jan 5, 2006, 04:34 PM
One should never say never;)

but you just said it twice. ;) :D

doucy2
Jan 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
i def would get one if they would come out (which i doubt they will)
def would replace my ipods (all three of them) :)
no way
this would be way cool if if it comes and has a cell phone function

goodwill
Jan 5, 2006, 05:02 PM
how many times has something that was supposed to be the death of the ipod died?

pyrex
Jan 9, 2006, 04:11 PM
plus, it wont be released for at least 10 years. Ipod has plenty of time to catch up.

goodwill
Jan 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
haha, yea, no kidding. also, the video ipod is ridiculously thin as is compared to the regular 3rd generation ipod. so im sure the ipod in the future will be newspaper thin.

did anyone else see that snl skit with they guy imitating steve jobs?

adk
Jan 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
Even if it does ever come into existence, it will never replace the ipod. All of its data is stored elsewhere, and it sounds like it would access it wirelessly. There's absolutely no way I'm paying roaming charges on my mp3 player.

TheMasin9
Jan 9, 2006, 06:58 PM
its a wonderful concept, and a darn neat device, but i doubt well see anything like this soon. soon being 2 years.

hvfsl
Jan 9, 2006, 07:18 PM
It's just a very small lablet PC.

Although it might be cool if you can have your laptop in low-power-mode in your bag and use that thing to access it so you can maybe watch some movies on the way to work.