Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salvemeum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Hello. :)

I was wondering if there is any way to remove these two buttons "remind me later" and "send sms" (or what they are called in the english version), when you get a call.. That is you have the green slider at the bottom, and these two buttons above it.
I have a mother with an iPhone, and she hits one of those two buttons 90% of the time when she is picking the phone from her pocket, when the phone rings. And she has no use for either of them anyway.

Is there anyway to remove them? in ios, or with a tweak? or maybe a tweak that gets the ios6 type of answering back? where you had to slide the screen up to get to those functions?

Heelp :(
regards
Salve Meum

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The incoming call screen is seemingly getting redesigned in iOS 7.1, which might help with this (or might not and/or create other potential issues): http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/07/apple-ios-7-1-beta-3-new-screens-buttons/

phone-call-ui-ios-7.jpg

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
The incoming call screen is seemingly getting redesigned in iOS 7.1, which might help with this (or might not and/or create other potential issues): http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/07/apple-ios-7-1-beta-3-new-screens-buttons/

What about quick reply message on ios 7.1. Does it still begins with "Can't talk right now..."?
Because my native language isn't supported by Apple and half reply message contains English (can't talk right now) other half which I can manage is my native.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What about quick reply message on ios 7.1. Does it still begins with "Can't talk right now..."?
Because my native language isn't supported by Apple and half reply message contains English (can't talk right now) other half which I can manage is my native.
Haven't really checked that out, but it seems that that part of it probably hasn't changed as none of the articles or threads about the changes in the beta releases have mentioned it.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Hello. :)

I was wondering if there is any way to remove these two buttons "remind me later" and "send sms" (or what they are called in the english version), when you get a call.. That is you have the green slider at the bottom, and these two buttons above it.
I have a mother with an iPhone, and she hits one of those two buttons 90% of the time when she is picking the phone from her pocket, when the phone rings. And she has no use for either of them anyway.

Is there anyway to remove them? in ios, or with a tweak? or maybe a tweak that gets the ios6 type of answering back? where you had to slide the screen up to get to those functions?

Heelp :(
regards
Salve Meum

I know you can remove the "Reply With Message", just go into Settings/General/Touch ID & Passcode and you can turn that off, works while the phone is locked.

Nothing to do about the "remind me later".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.