Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

empowersme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Hi,
I've been using my MBA with no problems wirelessly with the house router. One minute it was working, the next it was saying I'm fully connected to the internet but I can't load any websites. I use chrome. I've tried Safari. The router works with all other devices. My MBA works with my phone as a wifi hotspot. So the problem must be with the connection between my MBA and the router. Nothing was touched or changed. Can anyone help? :confused:

empowersme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Hi.
My router is just a really basic one and doesn't seem to have channels. I'm in Ireland (home of the basic). The first advice seemed to be more for problems with the MBA's actual performance rather than a setting when I looked at the instructions link. Thank you for answering me. I think it's something to do with the settings on my MBA? It connects to the router and I get my homepage up (Google search) but then no websites will load.

----------

How do I make a new connection? That sounds hopeful:)

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Hi,
I've been using my MBA with no problems wirelessly with the house router. One minute it was working, the next it was saying I'm fully connected to the internet but I can't load any websites. I use chrome. I've tried Safari. The router works with all other devices. My MBA works with my phone as a wifi hotspot. So the problem must be with the connection between my MBA and the router. Nothing was touched or changed. Can anyone help? :confused:

Do you have a LAN adaptor for the MBA that you can try ? That way you can isolate the problem to WiFi or not ?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
My MBA works with my phone as a wifi

If this is the case, you want to make sure the MBA has not switched back, and attempt to connect to the other router.

All in all, the thing with multiple routers is, devices get confused if you provide more than one path to the Internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.