Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
So i just got a iBook G4 12'' base model

was working fine, but the left front side, when the Grey meets the white. The grey case(top-part) is not staying down. It comes out just a little but it enough to both me

I'm going to the Apple store anyway but i was wonder if i should tell them and have it fixed or what

I like my new Apple stuff to be perfect, anyone have history of these type of problems and what apple does with them.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There's no harm in telling them, especially sine you're going there anyway. :)

My seals are fine, so I don't see why yours shouldn't be either. I'm talking about the iBook.

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
great work you wont regret buying it, mine is just so perfect to me..yes i know everyone has the same one :D , there is also another flaw with the design tho that im going to try fixing with somthing like a piece of cardboard, it is that the battery falls a mm down from the latch so what im ging to do some time is make that latch more filled so it wont fall

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Mine, on the right, (by the little rubber thing) sticks about about 1/2 of a millimeter....the left side is fine.

Don't bother telling them. I talked to 4 people and they all basically told me to take a hike and I have to agree with them. What's the difference I guess? It's not like it's hanging out, it's just not perfect. If you want something that first *perfect*, get a powerbook. It'll be perfect...until you dent it, warp it, and otherwise screw it up!

I can take a picture of mine if you want for comparison purposes, but this is fairly common on the new iBooks. Almost all the display models had this too.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
My ibook kinda separates a really nominal amount on the right side, they told me that its where the battery would hold the tension in more. Its there by design is pretty much what they said, i doubt they will replace it or do anything for ya since most all iBooks I have seen are like this.

Here is a photo, excuse the slight blurriness as i did a rush macro shot :D

Ed

Attachments

• DSCN1848.jpg
    DSCN1848.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.