Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wsc9005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Scotland, UK
Hi,

I've been trying out FaceTime Audio lately, and I was told there were echoes at the other end. Anyone else got the similar issue ? I have Air 2013 13" Model.

Thanks

CBJammin103

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2007
Louisiana, United States
The MBA's speaker and microphone are probably pretty close together and could result in feedback, particularly at louder volumes. Headphones would solve this but I bet this could also be improved with software feedback cancellation... something Apple is usually pretty good at it seems.

telemakos

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2014
Hi,

I've been trying out FaceTime Audio lately, and I was told there were echoes at the other end. Anyone else got the similar issue ? I have Air 2013 13" Model.

Thanks

Same problem here after the OS X 10.9.2 update on my Macbook Pro Retina 13 Late 2013 model!

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

kevo0822

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
New England
Are you guys using external speakers? I run into this probably pretty frequently when I have my external speakers plugged in... but if I use the built in speaker or headphone, it usually disappears. Granted, this is with straight FaceTime, not FaceTime audio...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.