PDA

View Full Version : Apple has top notch service

cgratti
Jan 5, 2006, 10:26 PM
My iPod died, have applecare and filled out a request online on Wednesday at 6PM, Thursday morning there was a packing box at my doorstep to send my iPod back for repair. Thats a 16 hour turn around, packed the iPod and sent it back today.... hoping it will be back by Tues or Wed next week...

My daughters new shuffle was also DOA on Christmas morning, called Apple the 26th, she had a new Shuffle in hand on the 28th....

You dont get this service with Dell....

2nyRiggz
Jan 5, 2006, 10:57 PM
good to hear u had a good experience with apple. they r the best.

Bless

G5Unit
Jan 5, 2006, 10:58 PM
Man that's the first real OVERNIGHT delivery I have ever heard of.

drew336
Jan 6, 2006, 12:02 AM
I also have been very impressed by AppleCare. My 5G had a bad battery so I filled out the thing on Apple's Website on Tuesday night, got a box Wednesday morning, packed up the iPod, called DHL they came and picked it up within hours and it got to Apple at 8 Thursday morning and fixed it. Hopefully I'll get it back on Saturday.

curlyjive
Jan 6, 2006, 09:09 AM
My IPOD 5G had some really odd issues with it. Apple Care's phone support was useless. I took it to an apple store. They offered to replace it, but had none available and told me 2-3 days. I said that would be fine. Next day, it was there!

I will disagree about Dell service. I work with Dell all the time and they do have excellent service.

cgratti
Jan 6, 2006, 06:17 PM
My IPOD 5G had some really odd issues with it. Apple Care's phone support was useless. I took it to an apple store. They offered to replace it, but had none available and told me 2-3 days. I said that would be fine. Next day, it was there!

I will disagree about Dell service. I work with Dell all the time and they do have excellent service.

Do you work on a business level with Dell? Their business support is ok, but for the average home user it really bites. You have to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes, then you get a person who can barely speak English and is hard to understand, then they need to transfer you 10 times to different departments each time you must give them the same information (Name, Address, Ect, Ect.) I hate calling Dell......