Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Appeared on my phone too!

getting closer!

2s9yb08.jpg

i've managed to get a US iTunes account just to try out iTunes Radio, and I wasn't expecting to like it but surprisingly I love it!

Image above was when I was logged into my UK iTunes account

njsapple2012

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
It's been reported a few select users in the UK have had access to iTunes Radio.

My Mum's iPhone 5c had it (until I realised her iTunes account was set to the U.S.)

Wish they'd hurry up and release it here officially now!

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Had it on my devices for a few hours (wasn't working though) and I'm in Canada using a Canadian iTunes Store account.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Actually, it is a great service. Your username is funny, almost sounds like a**hole.

It's a terrible service.

If I wanted to hear ads every other song I'd use Pandora.

"Discovery" is hardly that. Star a song once and expect to hear that over and over and over again. It just plays the same handful of songs countless times. If I star a song, shouldn't it realize 'hey, you like this song, maybe you'll like the other songs on the album'. But no, it doesn't.

The Top 50/100 stations don't even play 50/100 songs. They just repeat after 20 or so.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
It's a terrible service.

If I wanted to hear ads every other song I'd use Pandora.

"Discovery" is hardly that. Star a song once and expect to hear that over and over and over again. It just plays the same handful of songs countless times. If I star a song, shouldn't it realize 'hey, you like this song, maybe you'll like the other songs on the album'. But no, it doesn't.

The Top 50/100 stations don't even play 50/100 songs. They just repeat after 20 or so.

I use iTunes Match- so no ads, plus, the service is still developing and will gets better, better than Pandora. Give it time.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
The roll out of iTunes radio has been VERY slow so far. Now it is part of CarPlay and still not available in most countries. Apple should speed up their game at some point...

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
I was using plex, but WOL stopped working when I upgraded to mavericks on my mac pro, so now plex is useless.

Wake-On-Lan? Considering I don't turn my computer off it doesn't matter if it works or doesn't.

Could always get yourself a NAS.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Wake-On-Lan? Considering I don't turn my computer off it doesn't matter if it works or doesn't.

Could always get yourself a NAS.

I cant afford to buy a nas, plus I don't really want to leave my machine on all the time, the leccy costs money and its not very green

Suspended
May 3, 2011
The roll out of iTunes radio has been VERY slow so far. Now it is part of CarPlay and still not available in most countries. Apple should speed up their game at some point...

This kind of delays are usually them trying to get the third parties to song agreements for each region. Maybe this is where SJ is missed, the stories of him jumping in his plane, beating doors down and just using his reputation as a persuasive tool.

njsapple2012

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
This kind of delays are usually them trying to get the third parties to song agreements for each region. Maybe this is where SJ is missed, the stories of him jumping in his plane, beating doors down and just using his reputation as a persuasive tool.

That's true; Spotify and the Ministry of Sound have only just settled their differences after a legal battle that started last year.

I guess it's easy for us to complain over here in the UK *but* we do tend to get other Apple features before a lot of other countries first so to have to wait for once won't hurt!

Suspended
May 3, 2011
That's true; Spotify and the Ministry of Sound have only just settled their differences after a legal battle that started last year.

I guess it's easy for us to complain over here in the UK *but* we do tend to get other Apple features before a lot of other countries first so to have to wait for once won't hurt!

You can't miss something you never had. We had to wait for iTunes Match for similar reasons.

HotShotNN

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
London, UK
Music app acting strangely

My music app has been acting oddly in the last few days, can't seem to access or play the genius mixes playlists and iTunes Radio icon showing up randomly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.