PDA

View Full Version : Shipping times - Refurb Powerbook

MisterEd
Jan 6, 2006, 03:07 AM
Hi there,
Just ordered a Refurb powerbook. The estimated times on the apple store say that it should have been dispatched in about 24 hours, by the 4th Jan. However it still says "Not Yet Despatched".
Just wondering what the kinda 'Average' shipping times were for stuff like this, especially from the refurb store. Am I gonna have to wait aaages?

Cheers
Ed

p.s. Yes, I am impatient :p

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm in uk!

NATO
Jan 6, 2006, 04:43 PM
From my experience it should ship really quick, probably 1-2 days max - Certainly nothing like the 8 days or so it specifies. During the last wave of refurbs a few months back, they couldn't get my Power Mac out the door quick enough ;)

Jovian9
Jan 6, 2006, 06:07 PM
I ordered one in October and it shipped within a couple of days. It also only took a couple of days to arrive, even though I chose the free standard shipping.

kwajaln
Jan 7, 2006, 02:05 AM
p.s. Yes, I am impatient
Quit acting like a kid on Xmas Eve - you'll get it when you get it, and no sooner, regardless of how much sleep you lose fretting about it!!!

dcv
Jan 7, 2006, 04:20 AM
I ordered an iMac from the UK refurb store on a Wed evening and it arrived on the following Monday or Tuesday I think... took less than a week anyway.

(Even though it says UK store it'll probably ship from somewhere like the Netherlands, hence the delivery time.)

MisterEd
Jan 7, 2006, 01:16 PM
OK, So I guess it should be with me fairly soon then.

Just an update - Still not shipped according to Apple Store site :rolleyes:

Jovian9
Jan 7, 2006, 01:37 PM
OK, So I guess it should be with me fairly soon then.

Just an update - Still not shipped according to Apple Store site :rolleyes:

You could always call and ask why it hasn't shipped yet and when it will supposedly be shipping.....couldn't hurt.

MisterEd
Jan 10, 2006, 06:27 AM
Just thought I'd post an update here on what's happened.

I called Apple yesterday (almost a week after I placed the order) and the woman said that my refurb PB should have shipped within 24 hours, so she would contact the courier (DHL or whatever) to see what had happened with the delay, and ring me back...

Today: No call back still, so I ring up again and speak to a guy who tells me that they don't even have a refurb powerbook of the spec I ordered and they are waiting for one to come into stock (could be a matter of months!!!)
So, I cancelled the order there and then.

Considering it's 'D-Day' (as the apple guy called it) today I may as well just keep fingers crossed for an iBook update or something and go with that.

The thing that bothers me is this: what the HELL was the first apple person on about?! seems like they were just giving me some story to make me go away...

oh well, hurry up 5pm GMT :)