PDA

View Full Version : Dual-core G5 temperature?

super_kev
Jan 6, 2006, 05:16 AM
If anyone has one of the new 2 or 2.3 Ghz dual-core G5s, can you check what temperature they are running at when you aren't doing anything heavy (idling, Safari, Mail, etc.)? You can use a program like X Resource Graph (http://www.gauchosoft.com/Software/X%20Resource%20Graph/) to check the ambient, die and heatsink temps. I'm trying to gauge how hot/cool they are running compared to my dual 2Ghz G5. Older single-core G5s need not apply. ;) Also, please post your approximate room temperature as well.

Edit: changed abient to ambient. ;)

mklos
Jan 6, 2006, 08:01 PM
My Dual Core 2.3 GHz is running at 100 F on CPU A and 101 on CPU B. My room temp is around 68 to 70F. Graphics CPU is 122 F. They get about as hot at the iMac G5's. I've seen mine as high as 150 when pushing it really hard. I have a slight hum from the fans, so its not an annoying wind tunnel sound coming from the fans.

Right now I'm just doing general stuff...Safari, iChat, Mail, and RapidWeaver. Nothing CPU intensive currently.

MacTruck
Jan 6, 2006, 10:21 PM
My Dual Core 2.3 GHz is running at 100 F on CPU A and 101 on CPU B. My room temp is around 68 to 70F. Graphics CPU is 122 F. They get about as hot at the iMac G5's. I've seen mine as high as 150 when pushing it really hard. I have a slight hum from the fans, so its not an annoying wind tunnel sound coming from the fans.

Right now I'm just doing general stuff...Safari, iChat, Mail, and RapidWeaver. Nothing CPU intensive currently.

I was just about to say DAMN, THAT'S COOL because mine is running at 139F right now but then I realized I was encoding some eyeTV video. Have to check it when its done doing that.

iGary
Jan 6, 2006, 10:22 PM
Pfft.

I push 205 sometimes. Seriously.

Amateurs.

ReanimationLP
Jan 6, 2006, 10:27 PM
Pfft.

I push 205 sometimes. Seriously.

Amateurs.

Wow, so you have processors you can fry eggs on!

Well, thats still not as hot as some of the P4s I've seen at full load. O.O