Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
anyone notice here how cnet says this is cheaper than the video ipod? is she comparing this 30gb creative vision M to the ipod 60gb? I'd give up FM radio and voice recorder and the bulky size (cause their 30gb is larger than the 60gb ipod video) for and ipod 60gb...what's up with this....does everyone hate on apple?

edit: whoops, here's the link... http://www.cnet.com/4660-11405_1-6412132.html?autoplay=true&tag=cnetfd.vid

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
$320 for the Creative? The iPod is thinner, and cheaper?

Ya.... and what is with the Apple hating? I think thats stopping seeing as I havent seen one of those yet and everyother person at my school has at least 2 iPods.....

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Jedi128 said:
$320 for the Creative? The iPod is thinner, and cheaper?

Ya.... and what is with the Apple hating? I think thats stopping seeing as I havent seen one of those yet and everyother person at my school has at least 2 iPods.....
No one likes Apple because they say they're overpriced (Mac-Mini $500 - how cheaper can you get?), doesn't run very many applications (freeware, Adobe stuff, Macromedia, + you get iLife 05 (soon to be 06) free with your system), the OS is difficult to understand (drag and drop - that's it, drag and drop people), internet is limited on it (WTF no its not, just talk to your ISP and they'll give you everything you need), it doesn't support my keyboard or mouse (get USB, it supports USB and with upper class Macs you get your own Keyboard and Mouse), I need help with it though (sign up to MacRumors), how do I make shortcuts to my favorite applications (here we go, drag, drop, dock, Triple D's my friend, drag and drop to dock). - Sorry had to rant on that hehe. It's that easy duh, cause the learning curve for Microsoft people is is a slow one or they're just lazy.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
2nyRiggz said:
that thing is still thick as hell. the screen looks bright though.

Bless
I know, who the heck wants something big and bulky. I'll post a picture of the iPod Mini, Nano, Shuffle boxers. They're awesome
prd.xlg

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
slooksterPSV said:
...It's that easy duh, cause the learning curve for Microsoft people is is a slow one or they're just lazy.
A lot of OS 9 users had to be dragged into using OS X kicking and screaming. :p

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
slooksterPSV said:
No one likes Apple because they say they're overpriced (Mac-Mini $400 - how cheaper can you get?), doesn't run very many applications (freeware, Adobe stuff, Macromedia, + you get iLife 05 (soon to be 06) free with your system), the OS is difficult to understand (drag and drop - that's it, drag and drop people), internet is limited on it (WTF no its not, just talk to your ISP and they'll give you everything you need), it doesn't support my keyboard or mouse (get USB, it supports USB and with upper class Macs you get your own Keyboard and Mouse), I need help with it though (sign up to MacRumors), how do I make shortcuts to my favorite applications (here we go, drag, drop, dock, Triple D's my friend, drag and drop to dock). - Sorry had to rant on that hehe. It's that easy duh, cause the learning curve for Microsoft people is is a slow one or they're just lazy.

$400 mac mini?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
drater said:
anyone notice here how cnet says this is cheaper than the video ipod? is she comparing this 30gb creative vision M to the ipod 60gb? I'd give up FM radio and voice recorder and the bulky size (cause their 30gb is larger than the 60gb ipod video) for and ipod 60gb...what's up with this....does everyone hate on apple?

edit: whoops, here's the link... http://www.cnet.com/4660-11405_1-6412132.html?autoplay=true&tag=cnetfd.vid

I actually emailed them when I heard - they fixed the video pronto (which says a lot about CNET, I actually really appreciated that) and they emailed me back saying 'thanks'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.