Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exhelion99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Good evening,

i'm Rex

I dropped my iPad sideways, and after that the screen display is only black. (no cracks)

Everything works except, it displays the Apple logo from boot and disappears, its flickers with a whole white screen and it goes black again. If i take a screenshot it displays the "Hello", (it's a freshly restored device, its the one when you first setup the iPad) it displays it for a second or less.

When I try to screenshot it displays for a fraction of a second and goes back to black, it sometimes displays the "Hello" and sometimes it display a blue color on the whole screen for a fraction of a second.

Everything works with the

-sounds

-home button

-power button

-touch screen works

-can be detected on the computer

-tried hard reset

-tried restoring

-probably the LCD is still good

Forums give solutions by tapping to smacking it but I wont leave it to chance destroying the unit. The unit is about 2 years old with no hardware or software problems in that time frame of use with this as an exception. Other forums say that it has something to do with a broken logic board probably from a solder.

I use the iPad mainly for surfing, playing movies and games and reading documents

I have uploaded a video on the status of my iPad that might help you see what does it do. Sorry for some errors of speaking or some words or sentences, I was nervous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl2Cf34HAv4&feature=youtu.be

Answers or insights on the estimated cost on repairing or replacing or what is the probably fault would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much and more power MacRumors and its members :)

-Rex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.