Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
My current contract for my iPhone 4S finishes in the next week. I was thinking, as I have a fifth generation iPod Touch, why not use that as a phone? I have an old blackberry (Curve 8520) that I can use for Whatsapp, BBM, and other services. I put the sim in to my Blackberry, and everything works, except BBM, and I cannot sign up for a BBM contract till it ends. But I don't want to sign yet another contract, and the prepaid options for BBM, voice and text are almost non exsistent, exsistent if you only want a few texts.

I was thinking of using the iPhone 4S for the main things (or even a 4, I have one in a cupboard somewhere) and use the iPod for everything else. However, the blackberries keyboard appalls me, even if the screen is a bit wonky. What should I pick?

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Well, u already own a 5th gen. If you don't then i would suggest IP4s.

Still, carry two devices not so ideal for me. I used to carry both BB and 4th gen. When i go out and about, i have to stick with just BB and it is very limited in term of everything beside BBm and whatspp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.