Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharismaticNerd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
I don't know how to explain it.
To clarify, I've already restored, deleted the app data from iCloud backup, and tried deleted and reinstalling the app.
So I deleted snapchat, then when I reinstalled it I found that the app wouldn't prompt me to send push notifications, and when I got a snap, I wouldn't get a notification, I tried changing the settings within the app, and within settings, nothing works.
But the odd part is, if I change the settings to not show in notification center, delete the app, then reinstall it, nothing has changed, it's still set to not show in notification center, or vise versa,
Any clue what to do? I've restored, but I'd rather not set up as new just to fix one app.
Any idea of what I can do?

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
I don't know how to explain it.
To clarify, I've already restored, deleted the app data from iCloud backup, and tried deleted and reinstalling the app.
So I deleted snapchat, then when I reinstalled it I found that the app wouldn't prompt me to send push notifications, and when I got a snap, I wouldn't get a notification, I tried changing the settings within the app, and within settings, nothing works.
But the odd part is, if I change the settings to not show in notification center, delete the app, then reinstall it, nothing has changed, it's still set to not show in notification center, or vise versa,
Any clue what to do? I've restored, but I'd rather not set up as new just to fix one app.
Any idea of what I can do?

Does it store data in iCloud (separate from the backup)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.