Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
:mad:

So my iMac broke down, i took it in and its power cord to test it. They fix it and then 10 days later they call me. Mom goes and picks it up but they did not GIVE HER THE POWER CORD!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

So my iMac G5 is here but can't be turned on

!!!!:mad:

I had to vent

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Thats why you don't give them, or any computer shop for that matter, anything other than the computer! Lesson learned! I'm sure Apple has plenty of power cords for the various Apple computers.

So kindly go back to Apple and ask them to give you the power cord. No need to vent!

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Ya but the problem might have been with the cord so..

They tried to say we never gave it to them-which is a lie.

But i'm going to get it tommorrow

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Least! Descriptive! Title! Evar! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Seriously, sorry that happened to you. That's really irritating. I understand the "don't ever..." thing. But it's reasonable for them to have the power cord if it could be at issue. They need to have a better inventorying system so that they know what they got from you, keep it together and quarantined from other equipment, and return it all back to you. That's not unreasonable to ask.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I think its a proprietary cord if I remember right. I know my new Dual Core PowerMac has a proprietary cord. The power pins are sideways instead of the normal US layout. The new iMacs may have a different power cord.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
mkrishnan said:
Least! Descriptive! Title! Evar! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Seriously, sorry that happened to you. That's really irritating. I understand the "don't ever..." thing. But it's reasonable for them to have the power cord if it could be at issue. They need to have a better inventorying system so that they know what they got from you, keep it together and quarantined from other equipment, and return it all back to you. That's not unreasonable to ask.

I work in a computer shop and we forget to give people the power cord all the time if they leave it with the computer and we don't catch it in time. The less you give any repair center, the less you have to worry about. Some repair centers demand that you don't include any cables as they aren't responsible for them and you may not get them back.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
Yeah, I brought apple my G5 in its original box with power cord to get fixed and they gave me my box and cord to take home. Never bring anything except the computer. Laptops, take out battery and any extra ram.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.