View Full Version : Apple Store not Available!!

Jan 28, 2002, 06:33 AM
Take a look!!


I just tried to go to the apple store in the UK (approx 11am) + it says closed due to scheduled maintenance. Any ideas why? Powermacs?

Jan 28, 2002, 06:37 AM
it seems to be the case with all the european pages of the apple store. The US page still loads. It's probably just what they're saying it is: regular maintenance :(

Jan 28, 2002, 06:55 AM
Also the italian apple store is closed.

Jan 28, 2002, 07:47 AM
Everything's open in the USA.

Jan 28, 2002, 08:03 AM
Swiss store is closed too ... :-)

Jan 28, 2002, 08:08 AM
Dutch store is closed too...

Bogus Trumper
Jan 28, 2002, 08:10 AM
...but more interesting: German Mac-Newssite MacGadget (www.macgadget.de) has posted the specs for the new models:

(12:53 Uhr) Neue Power Macs ab dieser Woche verfügbar. Nach MacGadget vorliegenden Informationen wird Apple noch heute die lange erwarteten neuen Power Mac G4-Modelle vorstellen. Sie sollen bereits ab dieser Woche im Handel erhältlich sein. Das neue Flaggschiff verfügt über zwei mit jeweils einem GHz getakteten G4-Prozessoren. Damit bewahrheiten sich die Spekulationen der letzten Wochen, wonach der neue G5-Prozessor vermutlich erst zur MacWorld Expo in New York Mitte Juli zum Einsatz kommt. Die Preise der neuen Power Mac G4-Rechner: 800 MHz (rund 2200 Euro), 933 MHz (rund 3150 Euro), ein GHz Dual (rund 4050 Euro). Eine Geforce 4-Graphikkarte gehört - bis auf das kleinste Modell mit 800 MHz - zur Serienausstattung. Apple wird zeitgleich mit der Einführung der neuen Power Macs eine neue Monitor-Sonderaktion starten. Nähere Informationen erfahren Sie in Kürze hier auf MacGadget. (sw)

Jan 28, 2002, 08:48 AM
idem in france since 10 AM

it was the same message just before new imac's announcement...

hé hé...


Jan 28, 2002, 09:08 AM
Because the new Power macs are out!

Check the US apple store. NOW!

Jan 28, 2002, 09:28 AM
how I wish I could just order one...

but I know there's going to be an even greater speed bump coming later this year....

I can just feel it...

Jan 28, 2002, 09:30 AM
Now I am really stuck!! I need to buy a tower soon (next 6 weeks), but I really want a G5!! What should I do??

Jan 28, 2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Falleron
Now I am really stuck!! I need to buy a tower soon (next 6 weeks), but I really want a G5!! What should I do??

Buy the Tower now....

I'd always buy a new Mac immediately after a bump/new product... that's way you can get most value/life out of it. If you wait... I doubt they'll do a major upgrade by July, and then you'll be buying 6 month old hardware at the same price.