Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
My car radio has full iPod integration.... I connect a cable- I can view my playlists and such all through the radio. The problem is, when I return to re-sync my iPod, it doesn't register anything played.

I'm guessing that it's because the songs weren't actually played via the iPod- but it would be nice if they updated on iTunes... since it does update the iPod (at least until I re-sync and it loses them).

Ideas? or is it a lost cause?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
cyks said:
I'm guessing that it's because the songs weren't actually played via the iPod- but it would be nice if they updated on iTunes... since it does update the iPod (at least until I re-sync and it loses them).

I would think that they would have to have been played via the iPod, where else would the songs come from;) The cable merely transmits the the information aka songs to your head unit in your car, much like an auxillary input.

I do not know why it wouldn't update it self on itunes though unless you have the manage songs manually option selected

cyks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
dukebound85 said:
I would think that they would have to have been played via the iPod, where else would the songs come from;) The cable merely transmits the the information aka songs to your head unit in your car, much like an auxillary input.

I do not know why it wouldn't update it self on itunes though unless you have the manage songs manually option selected

Yes. I know the songs come from the iPod... but I meant that once the iPod is plugged in, I can not control anything from it- it's all via the radio.

Everything is set to update automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.