PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Power connector

bellang
Jan 7, 2006, 10:08 AM
Just wondered if any other powerbook owners experience the same problem as me with regard to the power connector on the powerbook.

The connector appears to only function when plugged in and is very snug into the powerbook. I find that it often 'wiggles' itself so that no live connection is present if i move the laptop around a surface, and I realise it hasnt been charging for an hour or so.

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just mine which doesnt have a snug/clicking connector?

Any help appreciated.

goodwill
Jan 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
this has happened to me and several other people I know. If you have apple care, they will replace your brick for free and then charge you 10 dollars for a new plug that goes into the socket.

Before I had mine replaced, it was ludicrous. I rigged and manipulated that thing so many ways just to hold a charge.

bellang
Jan 7, 2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks goodwill. Mines under a year old so think that means i have the applecare. How can they charge you for the connector if its faulty?

Also, what does good feel like? Does it click in, or does it still have its faults?