PDA

View Full Version : powerbook..now or later




edgeit
Jan 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
The cycle is roughly 1/2 done before the new powerbook update so im curious if i should wait....the past few updates that apple has done to this line havent been that great so i feel i should just go get one.
will the G5 be the next update...
is there anyting that is worth waiting for
will the intel chips be inside them next..
help me out



iMeowbot
Jan 7, 2006, 11:08 AM
In all likelihood there will be no G5 notebook. Because of the architecture shift, traditional Mac update cycles will be pretty much irrelevant for a while. Whatever you do, don't buy until after Tuesday :D

edgeit
Jan 7, 2006, 11:14 AM
is this tuesday expecting updates...or just cause tuesday is the day they do updates

PharmD
Jan 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
Tuesday is MacWorld San Francisco, one of the biggest forums for Apple to release new products. I'd wait if you can manage it. While I don't expect Intel Powerbooks on Tuesday, there may be some sort of timeline given. I'd expect them within 6 months. The G5 Powerbook is never going to happen with the Intel switch.

iMeowbot
Jan 7, 2006, 11:23 AM
is this tuesday expecting updates...or just cause tuesday is the day they do updates
This coming Tuesday is kind of special because it's the MWSF keynote. Apple have a tendency to layout their overall product theme for the year there. We know that some kind of Intel hardware will be released in the first half of the year.