PDA

View Full Version : ibook & applecare?

seh80
Jan 7, 2006, 01:43 PM
I was fortunate enough to receive an ibook for Christmas. My mother ordered it in November, with an applecare plan.

The ibook made it, the applecare didn't. When I got my mini, applecare came in its own box. Is it that way with an ibook too I would guess?

And does anyone know of a way to contact apple sale support via email? I would have just called them instead of posting here but our home phone is out. As is my luck of course.

Thanks so much... sorry for such duh questions. ><

EricNau
Jan 7, 2006, 01:57 PM
It should have come in a separate box, just give Apple a call. I think you'll have to wait until you can call them, I don't think Apple has a way of e-mail.

LimeiBook86
Jan 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
If you call up Apple you'll be able to get the status on your machine, if you give them the serial number they should be able to look it up and see if you have AppleCare on the Mac or not. Good luck! :)

seh80
Jan 7, 2006, 05:25 PM
Thank you both! I lamely drove myself to a payphone, stood there for the 15 minutes on hold, and found out it was an auto enroll, no box, unlike my mini. *Hides in shame* lol.

Thanks again. :)

EricNau
Jan 7, 2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you both! I lamely drove myself to a payphone, stood there for the 15 minutes on hold, and found out it was an auto enroll, no box, unlike my mini. *Hides in shame* lol.

Thanks again. :)
Glad to hear you've gotten it figured out now. I've never heard of an AppleCare Auto enroll.

jaw04005
Jan 7, 2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah the Apple Store online automatically does that now when you place an Apple computer and APP in the same shopping cart.

LimeiBook86
Jan 8, 2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah the Apple Store online automatically does that now when you place an Apple computer and APP in the same shopping cart.
Does this mean you don't get the Tech Tool Deluxe CD that comes with AppleCare? When my brother got his iMac G5 he got a box and everything with a Tech Tool Deluxe disc and some booklets...hmmm...:confused: