PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: iBook parts, HDs, et cetera...

kalisphoenix
Jan 7, 2006, 11:04 PM
Alright, @#$% it. I have some iBook parts that I'm willing to sell or trade. You can also get the whole damn thing from me, if you want, but it comes with the caveat that I'm not sure what's wrong with it. It boots and runs but the display doesn't work.

So here's what I have. Make me some offers. At this point, there's no way I can possibly recoup anything, so I don't even care anymore.

Airport (Wireless-B) Card... you know this one.
30GB Hitachi HD... I think it's 5400RPM. It's nice and quiet and has no bad sectors.
256MB iBook RAM... can't remember the actual specs and I'm too pissed off to look them up.
Clamshell power adaptor... new, complete, and without bends or tears or cracks or anything.
10GB stock HD... don't figure anyone wants this, but I might as well offer the damn thing.

Other parts from the machine are available. The CD-ROM, trackpad, keyboard, and case are all clean and functional. I think the logic board's good but it could also be what's causing the display troubles. I don't have any idea. If you want anything, lemme know. If not, I'm not surprised in the least.

amacgenius
Jan 7, 2006, 11:06 PM
For the whole thing, what are the full specs and how much you asking?

kalisphoenix
Jan 7, 2006, 11:32 PM
It's an Indigo iBook -- 366MHz, 320MB RAM. It's beautiful. Make me an offer -- I don't feel qualified in the least to set a price on it, since I don't know the problem, but I know I could get a small amount of cash for the parts alone. Please don't try to screw me. You'll succeed, and then you'll feel really bad when I kill myself.

Ooh! Ooh!
iBook Battery... supposedly brand new, holds about a five hour charge, depending on your settings.

Edit: As mentioned to someone else in a private message, I'd be ecstatic if I got $175 for the whole shebang. I know that's unreasonable, but give me your offers and poke around on eBay and try and part with what you think it's all worth. I'm too depressed to research this myself.

NYmacAttack
Jan 7, 2006, 11:52 PM
It's an Indigo iBook -- 366MHz, 320MB RAM. It's beautiful. Make me an offer -- I don't feel qualified in the least to set a price on it, since I don't know the problem, but I know I could get a small amount of cash for the parts alone. Please don't try to screw me. You'll succeed, and then you'll feel really bad when I kill myself.

Ooh! Ooh!
iBook Battery... supposedly brand new, holds about a five hour charge, depending on your settings.

Edit: As mentioned to someone else in a private message, I'd be ecstatic if I got $175 for the whole shebang. I know that's unreasonable, but give me your offers and poke around on eBay and try and part with what you think it's all worth. I'm too depressed to research this myself.

PM Sent

kalisphoenix
Jan 8, 2006, 12:06 AM
PM sent back at you.

Currently negotiating sale; trying to squeeze NYMacAttack for every penny I can.

kalisphoenix
Jan 8, 2006, 12:20 AM
Sold.

amacgenius
Jan 8, 2006, 12:23 AM
Sold.

Congrats, sold in under an hour, good job :).

kalisphoenix
Jan 8, 2006, 12:25 AM
Congrats, sold in under an hour, good job :).

NYmacAttack
Jan 8, 2006, 12:34 AM
PM sent back at you.

Currently negotiating sale; trying to squeeze NYMacAttack for every penny I can.

Cant wait to receive it. Just what I need another broken machine to tinker with:D

kalisphoenix
Jan 8, 2006, 01:40 AM
Cant wait to receive it. Just what I need another broken machine to tinker with:D

Yeah, this one should be a challenge :-( I wish I knew what was wrong with it or how to fix it the easiest. I think you got a good deal, though -- even if you have to buy a whole new logic board or display, it'd cost you less than buying one of these suckers working on eBay :-)