Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blenderdude

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Well, I've finally got my own domain name and set up a decent website :)

you can see it at: http://www.jsaund.net/

Unfortunately, I chose to use Joomla as my CMS... which means that even though my own HTML and CSS are valid, the WordPress component causes the site to not validate. Hopefully, when I have more time, I will redo the site using just WordPress for the blog, and the rest in HTML (at the moment, I'm just using plain HTML in Joomla anyways, as entries in the art and design sections. It's just an issue of redoing the template for WordPress.).

Comments/critiques on the site design are appreciated! :)

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
I would say overall it looks pretty good. I'd suggest adding a flexible-width option for people with bigger screen resolutions. I'm using 1024*768 and the content area even seems kind of small on my screen. I'd also suggest adding something to separate the links on the right-hand side of the page from the main content area. As it is, the site seems just a little too plain for my tastes. Very clean design though; add a few tweaks here and there and it could be great!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Nice layout and page design. Overall nice look.

Like steelphantom I am also using 1024*768 and it looks a bit small. I would try and make it bigger, lessen up a bit on the grey space.

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
I like your art also, especially the Spider on Leaf, Retro Sci-Fi Tower, and Alien City. The site is also well done. People above said it was plain, but with more art and more content in your blog and anything else you decide to add, I'm sure it will fill itself in. Nicely done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.