Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Milltek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
U.S. Northeast
Hi,
Using Mavericks 10.9.2 I have found that when I run Openoffice 4.0.1 that Finder stops responding (everlasting beach ball). When I kill OO and relaunch Finder it still doesn't function properly. If I open a finder window and click on 'applications' or desktop they appear as empty. Also, none of my desktop icons /folders are visible. So, is there a version of OO that works with 10.9.2 and/or how do I restart Finder so that it works properly?

Thanks.

Just noticed that the iMac was getting very hot and Activity monitor showed com.apple.IconServicesAgent was at 313% CPU. I killed it, relaunched Finder and everything is back to normal. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
Was there some reason you felt the need to repeat this?

I didn't read it. I saw your post and was trying to helpfully inform you that your information is outdated. If you are supplying wrong information in a thread and people correct you on it, it may be a good idea to edit your post. You're welcome. ; ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.