Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Please tell me that it's only me so I can do a restore. Until 7.1, I could always tap and hold on an image directly from the results page and I just realized that ability is no longer there for me. I can save the photo if I go directly to the source site but this is highly inconvenient. I've tried with many photos and many searches and I almost never get the option to 'save photo'.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 123

Scott M

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2009
I'm having the same issue, although, I noticed the issue last night, BEFORE I upgraded to 7.1. I think it's a Google issue, which will hopefully be fixed soon.

You'll find that on some pictures, if you press and hold on the right (as in not left) side of the image, it works. (I found that this worked with more vertical pictures, such as iPhone wallpapers).

----------

A way around it for now, is to just click on the 3 dots at the bottom right and it'll give you the option to open the picture by itself (view image), which you can then save normally as opposed to linking you to the page that the image is on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.