Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregorykday

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
Used some sturdy grey foam to construct the block behind the dock. One cable leads out of the 1/8" mini jack and into the RCA inputs on my stereo system (allowing me to control it with volume). The Dock connector leads down underneath the gear shifter to a hidden cigarette lighter, keeping it charged as long as it's docked.

And a few days ago I replaced the white sticker logo with a classier looking one made from the iPod box.

Feedback is appreciated :)

http://seraphim.ecsis.net/~gregday/photos/carPod/images.html

jtalerico

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2005
My setup

Attachments

• ipod1.jpg
    ipod1.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 106
  • ipod2.jpg
    ipod2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 120
  • ipod3.jpg
    ipod3.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 128

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
my car setup consists of

20gb b/w ipod 4G

DLO transpod dock/charger/FM transmitter

and a iJet Wireless Remort Control

works great since i drive 3 different cars so i can have good music whereever i go :)

Boelman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
I dont have any pics yet but will post some soon. I use an AVN 2454 and have a cord from the back of it that plugs into the ipod. It charges and reads the data from the ipod from the connector at the bottom of the ipod. It also starts up and turns on whenever I turn the car on and off. Kinda cool.

iSaint

macrumors 603
gregorykday said:
Used some sturdy grey foam to construct the block behind the dock. One cable leads out of the 1/8" mini jack and into the RCA inputs on my stereo system (allowing me to control it with volume). The Dock connector leads down underneath the gear shifter to a hidden cigarette lighter, keeping it charged as long as it's docked.

And a few days ago I replaced the white sticker logo with a classier looking one made from the iPod box.

Feedback is appreciated :)

http://seraphim.ecsis.net/~gregday/photos/carPod/images.html

Very nicely done. I'm considering my options, I've got to do something soon. I mean, I have the iPod, I really need to be using it in my car!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.