Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drgnldy1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
I just tried to delete an app on my iPhone 5 with the new iOS 7.1 update and when I hold on the app until it's shaking, there is no small "x" appearing that will enable me to delete the app. And there is no delete option in Settings, General, Usage when I tap on the app. Has anyone else seen this?

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I just tried to delete an app on my iPhone 5 with the new iOS 7.1 update and when I hold on the app until it's shaking, there is no small "x" appearing that will enable me to delete the app. And there is no delete option in Settings, General, Usage when I tap on the app. Has anyone else seen this?

What app is it?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
If it's a stock app (Weather, Passbook, etc) you can't delete them. You can only delete apps installed from the App Store.

Unless it is an App Store app you are trying to delete, in which case, I'm not sure what's going on there.

Drgnldy1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Deleting iPhone app in iOS 7.1 on iPhone 5

The apps is an iTunes store app - not a resident (stock) app. I checked my Restrictions and that was the issue. Thanks! I forgot to check that setting. However, when I leave the restrictions in place but allow deleting apps, I still get the same problem. If I disable restrictions completely, I can again delete the app on the iPhone. It's not a big deal - I can always delete in iTunes and sync. But it's odd.

Drgnldy1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Ok - Thank you everyone. I took restrictions off, put it back on and made sure my settings were what I wanted. Then I rebooted the phone and everything works fine. Stranger things have happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.