Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvoNiner1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
So I just purchased a brand new MBA and it wouldn't turn on when I unboxed it...the battery was completely drained! Has anyone else experienced this before? Is it cause for concern? Thanks!

Lane4

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
It happened to me. I was concerned as we had a 13" Air back in the summer that came with almost 100%. There was another thread with people saying the same thing. What are you gonna do? Use it, and re-evaluate at day 13. I had some other wonky things happening with the software, so I returned for another 11". Same thing, zero % battery. Charged it, and it seems fine. Its been 9 days so far, doesn't seem to be an issue. I conclude mine is fine. Use it. Enjoy.

skinny*k

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
California
It is not good to ship or store Lithium-Ion batteries fully charged, so they are shipped with a partial charge. Sometimes, there will be enough charge to power the device out-of-the-box, sometimes not. Charge your laptop overnight, and play with it in the morning—there's nothing to worry about. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.