Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
This is sort of a two part issue.

I have tried both my gmail and my icloud email and neither are allowing me to receive calendar invite notifications. I only am able to get invites through my email, which I then have to add to my calendar. I have made sure everything in my settings is set up right.

The second issue I have is related to my solution for the first problem. The apple discussion forums seem to suggest that changing my appleID can fix the problem. When I try to change my appleID it does not save. I click save and the page just reloads and nothing happens. I tried it with a co-workers ID and it let them change it, but mine does not save. Any suggestions or solutions would be great. Thanks :)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
well I still have not figured out why I cannot change my appleID, but the issue with the first problem has to do with users who appleID is also their gmail email.

The work around was to send the invite to their gmail with a + before the @gmail.com. Google recognizes it as the same address, but apple looks at is as something different. I was not getting notifications from a few people for that reason, and still do not think I can get them in the app.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Don't know if this is the same issue but I often will invite myself to events from my work Outlook account, sending it to my iCloud account, and the invites always go to my email - never to my calendar app. To make things even more annoying, about 50% of the time these emails don't contain the "add to calendar" link, so I just create an entirely new event, defeating the purpose of inviting myself from Outlook to begin with.

terrywfoster

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I haven't received calendar invites in months. I've posted the issue here and with Apple for help.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I haven't received calendar invites in months. I've posted the issue here and with Apple for help.

I only get the invites through the app if it comes from another icloud email. I have read that changing your appleID and then changing it back can fix the problem. My problem is I have an icloud appleID, and those cannot be changed.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I only get the invites through the app if it comes from another icloud email. I have read that changing your appleID and then changing it back can fix the problem. My problem is I have an icloud appleID, and those cannot be changed.

I never had success with invites from anything other that an iCloud account to my iCloud account. Even with changing the settings in iCloud web (in-app notification) it still doesn't work. Its similar with other email accounts - they work well when its the same platform.

terrywfoster

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I found a solution to my issue. People were sending the invites to my xxxx@me.com and I would not get them. I simply had them swap to my xxxx@mac.com and they started working.

Simply, iCloud.com and me.com domains did not deliver invites notifications to me when mac.com did and still does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.