Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Key thing I"m looking for is the ability to pop a micro SD Card into the phone for additional storage.

I'm tired of dealing with AT&T's lack of help when it comes to fixing their Note 3 GPS issue. Love the phone otherwise. Looking to go into the store and move into a new phone overall.

I'm heading out on business today but would be interested in feedback. LG3 ? I'm not at all familar with the newer phones or ones due out really soon.

Insight appreciated.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What GPS issue if you don't mind?

Perhaps rooting it, and loading on a custom ROM may fix the problem?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Key thing I"m looking for is the ability to pop a micro SD Card into the phone for additional storage.

I'm tired of dealing with AT&T's lack of help when it comes to fixing their Note 3 GPS issue. Love the phone otherwise. Looking to go into the store and move into a new phone overall.

I'm heading out on business today but would be interested in feedback. LG3 ? I'm not at all familar with the newer phones or ones due out really soon.

Insight appreciated.

Unless you want another device with a stylus (or stylus capabilities), the LG G Pro 2 or Nokia Lumia 1520 are likely your best options. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra allows any writing implement to act as a stylus but that device is pretty damn big and the camera is subpar.

Last edited:

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL

Insight appreciated.

I believe I read somewhere if you take off the plastic cover (back panel) and tighten the screws, it might help with GPS signal and locking.

Again, not sure where I read this or where to look for it so I apologize if I'm not much help.

I've also noticed that it seems that most of Samsung phones have this problem with GPS. I experience briefly with my S4.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I've also noticed that it seems that most of Samsung phones have this problem with GPS. I experience briefly with my S4.

Yup, on the S1, GPS is useless. Fortunately, it works together with external BT receivers just fine.

Later GS models are stated to be much better. Nevertheless, if the Note 3 indeed has the same problem, it will support any external BT receiver. I'd go that way as, unless you can sacrifice Wacom pen and multiwindowing support, there isn't anything comparable on the market.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
I believe I read somewhere if you take off the plastic cover (back panel) and tighten the screws, it might help with GPS signal and locking.

Again, not sure where I read this or where to look for it so I apologize if I'm not much help.

Nope no problems with GPS here on Verizon model. Maybe an At&t issue?

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I would wait to see if motorola or the nexus line comes out with a phablet this year. I've heard rumors that motorola has one up its sleave.

I wish samsung would understand how much better this works than touchwiz. The stock rom on here is amazing. Using nova launcher on it. I changed the mms icon to blue and used aosp browser icon for my chrome shortcut since I like having all blue icons on my dock.
Screenshot_2014-03-19-13-38-11.png

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It's an AT&T only issue as it relates the GPS files they put on the phone.

Nope, price is no object. Just looking for a very nice large android phone that supports removable storage cards.

Maybe HTC one max? I know doesn't get perfect reviews but it's just a bigger HTC one...still a nice option.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

Insight appreciated.

Lumia 1520, especially with the 8.1 OS update hitting the streets in 2 weeks. And since the 1520 can accept SD cards, like the Note 3, you are set on expanded storage.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
Lumia 1520, especially with the 8.1 OS update hitting the streets in 2 weeks. And since the 1520 can accept SD cards, like the Note 3, you are set on expanded storage.

Seems like a great phone but I think he is looking for an Android device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.