PDA

View Full Version : Google Videos Available In iPod format for Downloading

runninmac
Jan 9, 2006, 09:37 PM
Google now lets you download its videos in iPod, Windows/Mac and PSP format. Its definitely worth a look especially because of the free content. video.google.com

Edit: It also seems they updated their site for video downloading... dang google... trying to steal the spotlight from apple (jk)

Enterprise8875
Jan 9, 2006, 10:30 PM
You cant download the videos if you have a mac. Which means its worthless to me.

aricher
Jan 9, 2006, 10:32 PM
Most of the free stuff is the same crappy videos that have been floating around the net forever - America's Stupidest People type stuff. I'm not a fan of the Google interface either but at least it's nice to have more options to fill my 5G iPod with.

Um, Enterprise8875... have you actually tried to download yet? It gives both options for "Win/Mac" as well as "iPod Video." I've downloaded several clips using my PowerBook and have transfered them onto my iPod with no problems.

Enterprise8875
Jan 9, 2006, 10:43 PM
Most of the free stuff is the same crappy videos that have been floating around the net forever - America's Stupidest People type stuff. I'm not a fan of the Google interface either but at least it's nice to have more options to fill my 5G iPod with.

Um, Enterprise8875... have you actually tried to download yet? It gives both options for "Win/Mac" as well as "iPod Video." I've downloaded several clips using my PowerBook and have transfered them onto my iPod with no problems.

Yea you can download the free stuff for Mac but all the paid stuff you can not. Google says there DRM doesnt work on Macs so they just wont let you buy anything. So lets hope CBS signs on with iTunes because we cant get it from google.

killuminati
Jan 9, 2006, 11:46 PM
Wow, that's great. I was able to download some free music videos. It's wierd because the majority of the stuff I search for, I just get these interviews.