Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
So I dropped my iPhone on it's edge and it didn't do too much damage. But the headphone jack is now misshapen and I can't fit my headphones in there.

I know cases like Mophie's get a lot of functionality by going through the lightning cable port, but unfortunately they still leave an opening for the native headphone jack.

Do any case's replace the headphone jack by using the lightning port? Or are there any other accessories that can help me get around not having a functional headphone jack? I use my iPhone a lot with headphones, in the car, etc. and I am really eager to find some workaround without having to replace my phone.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
So I dropped my iPhone on it's edge and it didn't do too much damage. But the headphone jack is now misshapen and I can't fit my headphones in there.

I know cases like Mophie's get a lot of functionality by going through the lightning cable port, but unfortunately they still leave an opening for the native headphone jack.

Do any case's replace the headphone jack by using the lightning port? Or are there any other accessories that can help me get around not having a functional headphone jack? I use my iPhone a lot with headphones, in the car, etc. and I am really eager to find some workaround without having to replace my phone.

You can purchase a set of bluetooth headphones. I have tried many different ones over the years. SOL Republic Tracks Air are pretty incredible with great sound, 14 hour battery life and about 150' range.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I dropped my phone and distorted my headphone jack - does any case circumvent...

You can get something like this. You plug your headphones into this and put it in your pocket. Pair it with your iPhone and play music wirelessly. It has many other uses as well:
Anker® Bluetooth Stereo Audio Music Receiver and Transmitter 2-In-1... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E174RTS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_KxUmtb0MBAT06
I have the anker one above but this us cheaper:
Mediasonic BR-100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver V3.0 EDR with A2DP Techn... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EEKSVAS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LzUmtb1TP2949

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.