Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ticotoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I have been running Little Snitch with Mavericks firewall and am noticing that mavericks firewall doesn't retain
the allow/disallow settings for added programs. I set screensharingd to allow and comeback later and its disallowed even though I have locked the settings
and have not changed my screen sharing preferences. It happens with other programs too. I can get screen sharing workng fine using remote desktop, however in my firewall the screensharingd keeps getting reset to block conections. I have never changed it and I have the settings locked and I'm the only one who administers the machine. I specifically set my user name as an accpeted connection. Something keeps changing the screensharingd to block connections. I also have the ARDagent to accept connections. In Little Snitch I allowd connections for both the ARDagent & the screensharingd.bundle.

This same behavior is happening with several other programs, ftpd, configd, netbios, nDNSResponder, etc.

Anybody else having similar problems with Mavericks firewall? I don't think its related to little snitch. It didn't happened until Mavericks.
thanks
tico

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.