Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobasco27

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Chicagoland
I'd like to be able to view my sales representatives enter their calls and post call notes as I'm sitting with them in the car. I would only want this access while I am with them. This would provide me with a more productive coaching setting.

Does anyone know of a reliable app or software that can be used just on iPads (not linked to a PC or MAC) that would allow sharing of screens, or mirroring?

Thanks for any advice!

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
A few years back there was an app called AirView that allowed video to be AirPlayed to an iPad. It was pulled from the App Store but it was then released as open source so it might be available on JailBroken devices. Alternatively you could get a developer account (or employ someone who does), compile up the source code and distribute it locally to your iPad. Hopefully the source code still works!

Here's some more details on AirView:-

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1142404/

You would also need to find a way to get all the iPads on the same WiFi network.

Edit: To be honest, using an AirPlay receiver app on a PC or Mac laptop, or an Android tablet would be a lot less work.

thetruth1985

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2010
You should be able to use Microsoft Onenote which is a free app. I use it all the time to take notes on my Surface Pro and they text usually shows up on my Ipad in 2-5 seconds. You guys would all have to be connected to the internet for it to work and it's actually designed for multiple people to work on it at the same time. You could just have them write their notes in onenote and they will all show up on your ipad in seconds.

tobasco27

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Chicagoland
Thanks for the responses. One thing I should have mentioned is that I would need to be able to view the other iPad "on the road", meaning that as they're working on their iPad in the car, I can view their screen. No problem if there's a need for them to agree/accept the ability to share screen.

I'll check out the options and see if they work. Keep the ideas coming!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Thanks for the responses. One thing I should have mentioned is that I would need to be able to view the other iPad "on the road", meaning that as they're working on their iPad in the car, I can view their screen.

This definitely isn't possible without jailbreaking, and I'm not sure that it's possible even if the iPad is jailbroken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.