Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
USA
Hi Brains!,

I'm searching for an iPad app that will allow me to view & edit 2 documents at the same time (or at least view one and edit the other). I'm aware of Side by Side and EZPDF. I really just need to view, for example, a PDF and then also edit another document beside it ( e.g. preferably markdown) at the same time - doing this for college work. I've downloaded EZPDF and the developer claims one can view one document and edit another side by side, but I have yet to figure this out. I've emailed the developer for a few months now with no response or help, so am looking for other options if possible.

Optimally, the app would be one that would allow me to switch back and forth between the two documents (even with tabs) or viewing them side by side at the same time. But even if I could open the 2 documents up in different tabs and switch back and forth between them, I have yet to find an app that will automatically bookmark the place left off, taking me back in the document I left off ( This can be time consuming when you're switching to a PDF that has hundreds of pages and the app takes you back to the top of the page when you switch. )

I guess what I'm looking for is something similar to Scrivener (to view documents side by side) but on the iPad. Besides EZPDF and Side by Side, does something like this even exist?

And also, if any of you have the EZPDF app on your iPad, are you able to view documents side by side? Maybe there's some trick I haven't figured out?

Thanks!

Regina / drking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.