Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Sorry, but that thing is ugly as all get out. Reminds me of the Lite-Bright toy I had as a kid.

Attachments

• lite.gif
    lite.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 85

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sorry, but that thing is ugly as all get out. Reminds me of the Lite-Bright toy I had as a kid.
I agree...Last night when I got my M8 the display model had this case on it. It was ugly....it seems like it would get in the way of taking pictures too.....

dba415

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Apple once again lagging behind the competition. I hope Apple copies this case on the iPhone.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
This is a unique and very cool feature, it just isn't very elegantly done. It reminds me of my lightbrite set as a kid (see that pic a few posts above). Surly, there is a much better looking way to do this and I'd be willing to bet Apple could figure it out.

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
This is a unique and very cool feature, it just isn't very elegantly done. It reminds me of my lightbrite set as a kid (see that pic a few posts above). Surly, there is a much better looking way to do this and I'd be willing to bet Apple could figure it out.

Yeah Apple can steal the idea in 2 years or so. :rolleyes::apple:

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
While I agree the camera sucks, I would hardly call a Lite-Bright case a killer feature.

With all the features shown in the video, I can't see why you would say that. It provides a lot of quick functionality without opening the case. You may not like the design, but that is subjective.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
With all the features shown in the video, I can't see why you would say that. It provides a lot of quick functionality without opening the case. You may not like the design, but that is subjective.

I agree it adds a lot of functionality. That said, the implementation isn't the greatest. I think the design is ugly. I would have done this with just the screen and forgot the lite-bright design.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I think that's very cool and very original. But I wouldn't use it because I don't what it on my phone screen. But it's still cool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.