Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
So the BIG question is: "What happens on April 1st?"

Steve seemed to make a big deal out of it being the 30th Anniversary of Apple.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
That was quick this time

The new Macs I can judge "on paper" but i'd like to see the new iLife stuff demoed.

And I want to see the "8 pound iPod" scene :)

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. Not many guess those two as being updated first. I would love to get one of the Macbooks but that rev. 1 scares me.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
Is there anyway to download the keynote? or to a save target as or something? Streaming is glitchy.

M

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Watching as we speak had no problems connecting....Will make for good viewing tonight,
Shadow

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
Motley said:
So the BIG question is: "What happens on April 1st?"

Steve seemed to make a big deal out of it being the 30th Anniversary of Apple.

MacBook to replace iBook.

Quad Core MacTower Pro.

Morky

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
NYC
Nice job on the feed, MacRumors!

The feed was really well done. Loved not seeing screen refresh. All hail our new overlord, Ajax.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I started watching this about 2 minutes before it was posted up here on MR.

It was beautiful.

I was just getting into it, when it started juddering, and I realised it had been MacRumored... :mad:

then I got to about 38 minutes, restarted because of updates, came back to it and couldn't reconnect to the feed! How frustrating!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maestro64

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2005
Philadelphia
No iPod replacements

Notice no new ipod like everyone thought since the ipod shuffle was no longer available for sale right before xmas.

I think what happen was apple choose to use the flash memory for the Nano verse the shuffle. The shuffle is still available form Apple site so I do not expect it to be replaced real soon.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
matthewHUB said:
Is there anyway to download the keynote? or to a save target as or something? Streaming is glitchy.

M
There was a way to directly download the keynote last year. You just have to play with the old URL to reflect the date of this year's... I'll search for the link from MW Keynote '05 and change it to reflect '06's URL... It should work. I'll post it if it does.

shazammy

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2004
Macrumors said:

Apple has posted their Quicktime stream of today's Macworld San Francisco 2006 Keynote address.

Apple introduced a number of new products: MacBook Pro, Intel iMac, iWork '06, iLife '06 and iWeb, and an iPod FM Tuner.

MacRumors.com successfully covered the live event with our live update system. The event was webcast from MacRumors with live text updates as well as IRC updates. A full run-down of the stats will be posted as they are analyzed. A transcript of the event can be read here.

Is it ironic that Apple doesn't make these videos available through iTunes? I'd love to watch it on the iPod while on the go...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.