Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ctrix65513

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
I prefer to use my iPad Air nude but am looking for a case solely for when I throw it in my carry-on backpack while traveling. I'm looking for something that is easy to remove for when I need to use and quick to put back on while not in use and getting thrown back in my carry-on backpack. I'm seeking something to protect against impact from books and other heavy objects. I know Otterbox makes great sturdy cases but it appears they take a long time to snap in and out of the case and are meant to be permanently left on. I'm currently using this:

http://www.hardcandycases.com/device/ipads/ipad-2-3-4-cases/bubble-sleeve-for-ipad-1.html

I like that I'm able to take the iPad in and out of the case quickly by just zipping it. Issue is the sides aren't that hard and I feel like the screen could easily be crushed. I'm thinking something similar but with metal instead of ballistic nylon. Something along the lines of this:

http://www.pelicanprogear.com/produ...ardBack-Case-with-Liner/tablet-hardback-cases

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Last edited:

Ctrix65513

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. That does indeed look like a great case and the Amazon reviews are outstanding as well. I'm going to try to check it out in store.

Any input on how you think it would stack up against my Hard Candy case I'm using in the above link? I'm torn because the rooCASE has the more protective inside of the cases being more padded than the Hard Candy. Although, the Hard Candy has the more protective outside of the cases being ballistic nylon versus the rooCASE being soft neoprene.

I use this with my iPad Air:
rooCASE Apple iPad Air (5th generation iPad) / iPad 4 3 2 Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Cover (Black / Dark Blue)
http://amzn.com/B004Y20KU0

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I've been using a Timbuk2 Plush sleeve. I love it. When you go through airport security, you don't have to remove it. Daily I throw it in my messenger bag or just carry it by itself. Your iPad Air will fit the iPhone 2. I have the 4th gen. and there is about a half an inch around the sleeve. So you have some room inside.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I've been using a Timbuk2 Plush sleeve. I love it. When you go through airport security, you don't have to remove it. Daily I throw it in my messenger bag or just carry it by itself. Your iPad Air will fit the iPhone 2. I have the 4th gen. and there is about a half an inch around the sleeve. So you have some room inside.

The Timbuk2 cases are pretty good. I am using an Agent 6 sleeve from www.iskin.com. Real nice sleeve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 322

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
Just get a sleeve, there are more than enough to choose from and there are several topics about that in this forum. :)

I've used sleeves from Tucano, Crumpler, Foofbag and Joli Originals, they all have the same features, but ended up with the last one, it's the only one from leather I've used, and it has no zips that can damage the iPad.

Ctrix65513

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Thanks for the recommendations. I went with the rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.