Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Siri has been working fine for me on my iPad, but Cortana seems to get much closer to Google and I can't wait for it to be incorporated onto my 1520.

CyanLite

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2013
Cortana is a very good mix of Siri and Google Now. Though they do have to quickly roll this out to other countries because just US is just dumb.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Game reference aside, the name doesn't seem to roll off your tongue too well.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Game reference aside, the name doesn't seem to roll off your tongue too well.

I agree, and even whilst I know the game - I still think it's corny to go naming it after the game...

So it seems looking into it - it will be available for english UK as well as english US but likely only after it comes out of beta .... when will that be ?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So it seems looking into it - it will be available for english UK as well as english US but likely only after it comes out of beta .... when will that be ?

They're not releasing the OS until later this month and it seems it will be a rolling release. Probably the newer phones getting it sooner.

If I do jump ship and get a WP, the odds are high it won't have it on there, so I'll be waiting. I don't use siri due to its limitations (its just easier pulling the stuff up myself) I wonder how this will be.

CyanLite

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2013
Is it just US ? If so that's very annoying ....

Yes and it will roll out to China and UK in the second half of this year and then the rest of the world in the first half of next year...so really, very few people will have the feature this whole year..

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
If I could get it to say "Chief? Chief can you hear me?!" As my alarm I'd switch to Windows Phone again :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.